Snow is precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes. Since it is composed of small rough particles it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft structure, unless packed by external pressure. Snow is commonly formed when water vapor undergoes deposition high in the atmosphere at a temperature of less than 0°C (32°F), and then falls to the ground.



Ride Across NS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Day 58
Oct. 10/02
Charlottetown PE - Antigonish NS
Route: Hwy#1,
Ferry, 106, 104
Dist. 147.83 km
Odom. 6406.2 km
Tm. Riding 6h 46m 49s
Avg. Spd. 21.8 km/hr
Max. 50.0 km/hr

I slept rather poorly last night despite martinis, a warm bed and a full stomach. Perhaps it was just a little too much excitement for me! I was out the door by 8:30 in the morning, it was chilly and it rained a little. It appears to be clearing for the evening which is good as I intend to camp. I rode 60 kilometers to the ferry terminal (Wood Islands P.E.I. to Pictou NS). After the ferry I met with headwinds, this slowed my progress.

There is a great campsite in Antigonish called Widdon's. There were very few people around and considering I was the only one dumb enough to camp they offered me the "rec. room" for the night. So I ended up in a building with a fridge / stove / fireplace / TV all for the camping fee of 10$. I enjoyed a big dinner and wandered into town. (The campsite is right downtown). I went to the library for a couple of hours before going back to camp. Tonight I rotated my tires (moving the back one to the front and vice versa), one of my tires is in bad shape as mentioned the other day, and this continues to concern me.






CONTACT

  • jcmeldrum at gmail dot com
  • vancouver bc canada

FAMILY


SKIING



TRAVEL